Demo Shires Model BLW Bb Trumpet
This is a Shires Model BLW trumpet that has been on display in our store and in shows. It is in perfect condition and has no damage. Includes the old style protec case and no mouthpiece. Here are the specs for the Model BLW.
The S.E. Shires Model BLW trumpet features a lightweight version of the broad “B” bell that allows for even faster response and an open high register. Brilliant and nimble, it navigates technical passages with flexibility and ease. It sounds warm, round, and intimate at when played softly, but sizzles at high volumes—and projects easily to the back of any performance space. The openness of the standard W leadpipe provides a free, stable-slotting, but flexible blow; its relatively fast taper adds brilliance to the characteristic warmth of the B bell taper. Yellow-brass balusters and lightweight yellow brass valve caps add depth and immediacy to the sound. The combination of playability and warmth unique to the BLW make it one of the few lightweight trumpets to appeal to lead and classical players alike.
- Bore: .459 inch
- BLW Bell: 4 13⁄16 inch, one piece, hand-hammered "B" (broad) taper in lightweight yellow brass with traditionally brazed seam and standard bead
- W Leadpipe: .347-inch venturi, lightweight yellow brass; open and free blowing with well-defined slots and easy, immediate response
- X Tuning Slide: dual-radius bend, standard water key; free blowing and flexible, with great response
- Piston Material: hand-lapped Monel
- Valve Cluster: two-piece casings, lightweight, with yellow-brass balusters
- Lower Valve Caps: lightweight yellow brass
- Bell Engraving: S.E. Shires makers mark, model designation, and traditional floral pattern
- Finish: silver plate