Demo Shires Model CLW Bb Trumpet
This is a Shires Model CLW trumpet that has been on display in our store and in shows. It is in perfect condition and has no damage. Includes the old style protec case and no mouthpiece. Here are the specs for the Model CLW.
The S.E. Shires Model CLW trumpet provides the ultimate combination of the sound of the best lightweight classic instruments with modern centering and intonation. The broadest S.E. Shires trumpet bell taper helps it to produce an unusually wide variety of tone colors for a lightweight trumpet—but it can also cut and sizzle. The focus of the Z leadpipe helps it to play easily at any dynamic, in any register. Yellow-brass balusters and lightweight yellow brass valve caps add depth and immediacy to the sound.
- Bore: .459 inch
- CLW Bell: 4 13⁄16 inch, one piece, hand-hammered "C" (open) taper in lightweight yellow brass with traditionally brazed seam and French bead
- Z Leadpipe: .345-inch venturi, lightweight yellow brass; provides extra focus for optimal projection
- X Tuning Slide: dual-radius bend, standard water key—free blowing and flexible, with easy response
- Piston Material: hand-lapped Monel
- Valve Cluster: two-piece casings, lightweight, with yellow-brass balusters
- Lower Valve Caps: lightweight yellow brass
- Bell Engraving: S.E. Shires makers mark, model designation, and traditional floral pattern