Demo Shires Model AHW Bb Trumpet
This is a Shires Model AHW trumpet that has been on display in our store and in shows. It is in perfect condition and has no damage. Includes the old style Protec case and no mouthpiece. Here are the specs for the Model AHW.
This variation on the standard S.E. Shires Model A trumpet features a heavier bell that helps to maintain its characteristc warmth and focus at louder dynamics, while providing a more veiled sound at lower dynamics. It produces a powerful, singing tone with marvelous projection and easy, centered response in all registers. Its centered bell taper produces a focused sound and facilitates projection. The WH lead pipe provides an ideal combination of stability and flexibility; its free-blowing character compliments the centered bell taper. Nickel-silver balusters and valve caps add brilliance and character to the sound, increase its core, and contribute to cleanness and immediacy of attack. This trumpet makes a great choice as an all-around instrument for performance in a wide variety of musical settings.
- Bore: .459
- Model AHW Bell: 4 13⁄16 inch, one piece, hand-hammered “A” (centered) taper in heavyweight yellow brass with traditionally brazed seam and standard bead
- WH Leadpipe: .347-inch venturi, heavyweight yellow brass—open and free blowing with well defined slots and easy response
- W Tuning Slide: dual-radius bend, standard water key—strong core, brilliance, and presence of sound
- Piston Material: hand-lapped Monel
- Valve Cluster: two-piece casings, standard weight, with nickel-silver balusters
- Lower Valve Caps: nickel silver
- Bell Engraving: S.E. Shires makers mark, model designation, and traditional floral pattern
- Finish: silver plate