Demo Shires Model B Bb Trumpet
This is a Shires Model B trumpet that has been on display in our store and in shows. It is in perfect condition and has no damage. Includes the old style protec case and no mouthpiece. Here are the specs for the Model B.
The S.E. Shires Model B trumpet features a broad bell flare taper that produces an open, warm, round tone—coupled with agile, smooth articulation. The WH leadpipe provides and ideal combination of stability and flexibility; its relatively fast taper adds brilliance to the characteristic warmth of the B bell taper. Brass balusters and valve caps contribute to the character to the sound, increase its core, and facilitate cleanness and immediacy of attack. Commercial, jazz, and classical players alike love the breadth and malleability of the Model B’s sound.
- Bore: .459 inch
- Model B Bell: 4 13⁄16 inch, one piece, hand-hammered "B" (broad) taper in standard-weight yellow brass with traditionally brazed seam and standard bead
- WH Leadpipe: .347-inch venturi, heavyweight yellow brass; open and free blowing with well-defined slots and easy response
- W Tuning Slide: dual-radius bend, standard water key—strong core, brilliance, and presence of sound
- Piston Material: hand-lapped Monel
- Valve Cluster: two-piece casings, standard weight, with brass balusters
- Lower Valve Caps: brass caps
- Bell Engraving: S.E. Shires makers mark, model designation, and traditional floral pattern