Demo Shires Vintage Elkhart Tenor Trombone with Dual-Bore F Attachment
This has been on display at one of my stores. It might have a scratch or two but is otherwise in perfect playing condition. Here are the specs of the trombone.
The S.E. Shires Vintage Elkhart trombone is an ideal instrument for any professional musician or advanced student. The red-brass bell with unsoldered bead is made in the fashion of classic, Elkhart bells of the mid-20th century. It produces a rich, warm sound with complex overtones and a wide palette of colors at all dynamic levels. This is combined with the ease of playing and projection for which S.E. Shires instruments are famed.
- 2RVE Bell: 8.5 inch, two piece, hand-hammered “TI” taper in red brass with traditionally brazed seams and unsoldered bead
- S.E. Shires dual-bore F valve
- TY Tuning Slide: yellow brass, drawn tubing
- T47YC Handslide: .547-inch bore, standard weight yellow brass, yellow-brass crook
- Three interchangeable yellow-brass leadpipes
- Bell Engraving: S.E. Shires makers mark and traditional floral pattern