Shires Custom Bass Trombone with Axial-Flow F/G♭ Attachment
The S.E. Shires Custom BII 7YM bass trombone is a versatile instrument with a clear, pure sound and the consistency, playability, and projection that has made S.E. Shires trombones the favorites of professionals the world over. The unique S.E. Shires BII 7YM bell combines the quick response and color of a one-piece bell with the centered feel and expansive tone of a two-piece bell. The BII taper in yellow brass produces a broad, rich sound that is very balanced and flexible throughout the range of dynamics. The axial-flow valves feel very broad and even—especially when both valves are engaged—and allow for a truly open low register.
- BII 7YM Bell: 9.5 inch, two piece, hand-hammered “BII” taper in medium weight yellow brass with traditionally brazed seam and soldered bead
- Independent, S.E. Shires F/G♭ axial-flow valves
- Tuning Slide: BYB—“B” taper, drawn yellow brass
- B62 Handslide: .562-inch bore, standard weight yellow brass, nickel-silver crook
- Three interchangeable yellow-brass leadpipes
- Bell Engraving: S.E. Shires makers mark and traditional floral pattern