Shires George Curran Artist Model Bass Trombone
The George Curran Artist Model bass trombone has developed over the course of the artist's long relationship with Stephen Shires and S.E. Shires instruments. The two-piece, standard weight yellow brass bell produces a warm sound with a prominent fundamental harmonic, combining quick response with a centered feel and expansive tone. The lightweight axial-flow valve set sounds and feels particularly broad and even-especially when both valves are engaged-allowing for a truly open low register and contributing to the instrument’s quick, easy response. This model represents an ideal realization of the heroic New York low brass sound.
- GC Bell: 9.5-inch, two-piece, hand-hammered, custom-annealed “BII” taper in standard weight yellow brass with traditionally brazed seam and soldered bead
- Independent, S.E. Shires F/G♭ axial-flow valves set in a lightweight valve section™
- BYC Tuning Slide: “C” taper, drawn yellow brass
- B62-78 dual-bore Handslide: .562-.578-inch, standard-weight yellow brass; nickel-silver wide crook
- Three interchangeable yellow-brass leadpipes
- Bell Engraving: S.E. Shires George Curran model custom engraving