Shires Q Series Tenor Trombone
Using the resources of S.E. Shires' parent company, the Eastman Music Company, we have been able to develop a more affordable class of professional brass instrument: the Q Series. These instruments represent the philosophy of Eastman Music Company, to produce the finest musical instruments at every price point. Q Series are entry level professional instruments that have many of the same features as their custom counterparts. When you purchase a Q Series instrument you join the S. E. Shires family, a family that includes some of the finest professional musicians in the world.
- QTY Bell: 8.5 inch, two-piece, hand-hammered “QI” taper in lightweight yellow brass or gold brass with soldered bead
- Rotary F Valve or Axial Flow Valve
- QW47 Handslide: .547-inch, standard-weight yellow brass; nickel-silver wide crook
- QY Tuning Slide
- Three interchangeable yellow-brass leadpipes (1, 2, 3)
- Bell Engraving: S.E. Shires makers mark and model designation